[FFmpeg-user] hikvision eth cam live stream to youtube

Anatoly anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Mon Sep 4 14:22:38 EEST 2023

On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 09:33:06 +0200
frhun <frobihun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW camera.
> I would like to stream the image of this camera to youtube. I will
> transcode it and add text fields.
> This is a sporting event with results and names of the competitors.
> Youtube always complains that the bit rate is not high enough and
> that the main image frame is dropped....
It is not clear to me what you mean, but...
> 1024x720 is the resolution I'm using, frame 25, codec H.264, with 8
> bit sound coming from the camera.
> I use the command line text below.
>
> ffmpeg -r 25 -rtsp_transport tcp -i
> rtsp://admin:Valami01@192.168.2.25/Streaming/Channels/1 -c:v libx264
> -b:v 2M -c:aac -vf
> "[in]drawtext=fontfile='C\:\Windows\\\\Fonts\cour.ttf':
- What happens if you record output to file instead of youtube, and
  then play this file back? (Do you have enough CPU?)
- What happens if you try to stream with lower resolution, let's
  say to 854x480, and lower bitrate down to 700k? (Do you have enough
  network bandwidth?)