[FFmpeg-user] sntsc

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 00:34:24 EET 2024

чт, 28 дек. 2023 г., 08:54 Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com>:

> Hi Mark
>
> On Wed 27 Dec 2023 at 08:53, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.trash at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 12/27/23 01:58, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> > > On Tue 26 Dec 2023 at 22:53, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com>

Well, we (cinelerra-gg users/hackers/maintainers) run into aspect ratio
issues too , and I tried to demistify it for myself ... only to run into
much more complex explanation at

https://lurkertech.com/lg/pixelaspect/

Thing is, I was confused by lack of st->sample_aspect_ratio for HDV
sources, but

av_guess_sample_aspect_ratio() guessed SAR correctly anyway.

So in our "info" window I added two sar/dar pairs conditionally - one
guessed and one detected (as in libavformat/dump.c).

if (st->sample_aspect_ratio.num  &&
               av_cmp_q(st->sample_aspect_ratio,
st->codecpar->sample_aspect_ratio))