[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer packages for windows

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 13 19:24:49 CET 2003

> S. Smith:
> > I might have a bugreport for this (cvs), I have not been able to use
> > [-fs|-vm|-zoom] without a sig11 as yet.  Switching works fine, tho.
>
> This is because of a patch I added.  This behavior does not happen in
> normal cygwin mplayer.  Here's the issue for me:
> This package is intended to be used without any command line.
> So, in theory, you'd only ever have one movie running, perhaps on loop.
> (My latest hacks have optional playlist associations, though...)
> If you're looping a file, and during loop 1 you toggle fullscreen,
> then when loop 2 begins, it goes back to windowed mode.  My solution:
> comment out "fs = options & 1" from vo_directx.  This is _awful_ and
> I'll fix it before my next release.  It would be much better to have the
> first call to config set fs, then subsequent calls should leave it
> alone.  Or, even more correct would be if the caller of config took the
> time to check vo_fs state and pass that.  In any case, it all diverges
> from standard mplayer's way of doing things.  And since I'm working on
> packages for a special case, isn't a cheap hack okay in the short run?

I think you missed the operative word I put in there: CVS. I haven't tried your packages since I have no problems compiling my own binary on my system. But, I haven't had time to see if it works now or not. And since it won't let me gdb (my own problem), I can't do a full bugreport as needed. All I can do is give system specs and mplayer mesgs to go from. I can start another thread on that if today's test doesn't work, maybe. (Due to workload changes, I may not even be able to today.)

/S. Smith