[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: New inverse-telecine filter

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Wed Dec 3 13:37:50 CET 2003

    Hi, Tristan Seligmann!

Sometime (on Tuesday, December  2 at 23:43) I've received something...
>Ok, this is a little off topic, but...

>On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 15:53:47 -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>> Something like this is probably a good approach. I didn't write
>> anything like this because I'm interested only in maximal accuracy for
>> DVD ripping, not TV captures polluted by logos.

>Which of the G1 filters would be best for DVD ripping at the moment?

I wrote dint filter for the same purpose - to do inverse telecine by
deleting extra interlaced frames. It works fine for me at the moment,
I've ripped 5 DVDs already with that. :)

My typical use of it is with
-vop scale=aaa:bbb,crop=xxx:yyy,pp=lb,dint=0.16:0.003
sometimes I've tried to add hqdn3d=2:2:1 between scale and crop filters,
it helps with noisy source. You may try also smartblur filter. :)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.