[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: New inverse-telecine filter

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Wed Dec 3 18:57:44 CET 2003

> >Which of the G1 filters would be best for DVD ripping at the moment?
>
> I wrote dint filter for the same purpose - to do inverse telecine by
> deleting extra interlaced frames. It works fine for me at the moment,
> I've ripped 5 DVDs already with that. :)

>From the manpage I was never able to figure out what dint does, and I
was lazy to look at the code.  But from what you describe, this does
not seem to be enough, if you drop one of the interlaced frames, it
still leaves you with an other, and you are actually discarding a
field, so how can that look good?  You have to merge the last field of
the discarded frame with the next field, does dint do that?

Zoli