[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 10:36:27 CET 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:54:34 +0100
"BRUGGER Rolf" <rolf.brugger at unifr.ch> wrote:

> I'd like to write a front-end for mplayer in Perl language.
>
> For a mplayer running in background I need a method to get it's
> current state like 'playing', 'paused', and especially the
> current and remaining playtime.

The slave interface provides this info. See DOCS/tech/slave.txt

> What's the appropriate way to do this? Is it safe, to analyze
> the verbose output of mplayer. Something like
>
>   mplayer mediafile | get_and_process_state
>
> where "get_and_process_state" reads and interprets what mplayer
> writes to the console?

open a bidirectional pipe to mplayer -slave

			Attila Kinali

PS: please write a subject next time otherwise your mail
will get dropped as spam
PPS: recommended line length for mails is something between
65 and 70 characters. Your overlong lines make it hard to read/quote

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu