[MPlayer-dev-eng] deterministic builds

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sat Dec 20 20:38:40 CET 2003

* Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi-mplayer-dev-eng at mithrandi.za.net> [2003-12-20 13:21:25 +0200]:

<snip>
> That doesn't seem like a problem, though. I mean, since the packages are
> generated on-the-fly as they're needed, you'll only have the packages
> for the configurations you need; it's just offloading the work of
> configuring/compiling/etc. from the user.

ACK.

Assuming all packages you need are ported to this system, a distribution
ends up in nothing more than a couple of build configs. Many of them
will use default values, i.e. you normally dont specifiy parameters like
prefix oder sysconfdir to each individual package, since they're the same.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481