[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPHQ server maintainence, upgrade

Birzan George Cristian ymir at wolfheart.ro
Sun Dec 21 11:11:24 CET 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:03:47AM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> We didn't. We just found the sk12 rootkit.
> Because it's lame, and because 99% it was the culprit.
> I guess someone has to break in first to use the brk exploit..
> Nothing. rootkit removed, vulnerability not found, box running.

So, you simply put a box that was compromised BACK ON THE INTERNET?
Without even finding out how it was compromised in the first place, so
that you could make sure there's no way for the attacker to just... try
again?
Excuse me while I go and laugh myself to death.
--
Birzan George			Violence is the last refuge of
  Cristian			the incompetent -- Salvor Hardin