[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: video application developer meeting

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Dec 25 11:29:02 CET 2003

Hi Rich,

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:32:07 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> BTW, where did you see that Matroska people aren't invited? AFAIK no
> one is keeping you from attending, but I'd actually prefer you not
> present your propaganda in front of an audience...

> BTW2, after seeing demux_mkv.cpp being OVER 3500 LINES (!!) with OVER
> TWENTY INCLUDED HEADERS, I am more convinced than ever that Matroska
> is horrible... Keep in mind that NUT is superior in every way (from a
> technical standpoint) and only takes a couple hundred lines to
> implement.

Could you please keep that flaming down ? We know how the demuxer
code for mkv looks like, yes, it's horrible. But recently i
haven't seen any propaganda or anything alike from the matroska
people. And infact, it doesn't matter whether they actively
want to spread the use of mkv or not as long as they dont
force people to use it. Everyone should decide for himself whether
he likes/dislikes a certain format. Beside my intention for this
developer meeting was that everyone could talk about his projects
and recruit some help, so every project could advance further.
Be it mkv or nut or anything else.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu