[MPlayer-dev-eng] hdtv decoding (Decoding Euro 1080)

MightyB mightyb at gmx.de
Sat Dec 27 15:14:14 CET 2003

Hi mplayer team,

I know this is a litle off-topic but: I want to decode a HDTV MPEG2 PS
with mplayer (Euro 1080 transmission via Astra 19.2). However I get a
choppy output and warnings every second or so:

size restrictions for MP at ML or MPEG1 exceeded! (1920x1088)4% 66.5% 62 0 1%

I am using the windows CVS version (but expect the issue is mplayer
generic as it is coming from libmpdemux/mpeg_hdr.c):

MPlayer dev-CVS-031005-16:56 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

can the size restriction warning above being turned off somehow ? I
suppose mplayer is right and Euro1080 is somewhat transmitting out of
spec but this way mplayer could be used for some real high definition TV
viewing on a PC screen (and it does look great already, just a little
choppy!).

Best regards,

Sebastian