[MPlayer-dev-eng] noisy audio resample, no duplicate frames for MPEG, no audio stre am for MPEG

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.org.au
Mon Dec 29 02:45:03 CET 2003

Hi Dirk,

> Hello,
>
> I had some problems coding VCDs from video streams of my digital camera.
> I found three problems:
> 1. Sampling up the audio stream from 11025 /s sampling rate to 44100 /s
> leaded
>    to a very noisy output.
>    It seems to me that the implemented algorithm using a filter for sampling
> up
>    is not the good choice for sampling up. I have replaced it by a simple
> interpolation
>    algorithm. This works fine to me.

The reason for the noise is that your input signal has too high
amplitude which leads to clipping. Try attenuating the input signal
before the resampler using the volume filter. You can also try the
linear interpolation already built into the resample filter. Also do
not use the old audio plugins they are obsolete.

Cheers,
//Anders