[MPlayer-dev-eng] -ovc rawrgb is broken! [BUG]

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Feb 1 22:02:26 CET 2003

On -users, Dean Messing has been reporting problems using -ovc rawrgb
with mencoder. I looked into the problem, and as I suspected, it's an
issue with the odd image width he was using. For the original posts,
see:

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-January/028589.html
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-January/028843.html

Anyway, the problem is that stride&3 must be 0 for raw rgb24 avi
files. vd_raw.c handles this correctly so that files with width&3!=0
play fine, but mencoder's ve_rawrgb.c generates broken files with
frames that are misaligned and too short.

What's the correct way to fix this? Is there a way to make ve_rawrgb.c
demand aligned strides, or should it do the repacking itself? This
should really be fixed before 0.90!

Rich