[MPlayer-dev-eng] container format

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Thu Feb 6 17:11:51 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Consider me 'on board' if you're seriously planning on developping
> > such a format.
> i didnt seriously plan it yesterday but, it seems alot of ppl want a
> new container format (asf,mov/mp4 are patented AFAIK, avi/rm sucks,
> ogg has alot of unneeded overhead, and seems more designed toward
> audio instead of video, at least the docs i found are quite audio
> specific, it surely could be improved though ...)

i thought about a similar format as yours, so i'm protesting on your
side

ogg s*cks, just read the mails about the ogg demuxer ;)
mcf is too AVIish :(

Someone mentioned, that we could (after developing) contact the Xiph
guys, to get the ogg format obsoleted and used instead our one.

--
Alex Beregszaszi  <alex at naxine.org>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)