[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] Russian version of cd-dvd.html

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Feb 7 14:22:02 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:18:19AM -0500, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:

> Here's the Russian translation of cd-dvd.html.

Just out of curiosity: Why did you start with cd-dvd.html?  If you intend to
translate all of the docs, the man page is the most important part.  But
please do not misunderstand me, you are most certainly free to work on
whatever part you like.

> Some remarks: as a definitive
> source I used the english version, but the additional information and
> particular choices of wording originate from the hungarian one.

Does the Hungarian version contain more information than the English one?

> I omitted
> large parts of the explanation of the .DAT files in the end, as I don't
> agree with them; ISO gateways are not windows artifacts or handicaps but
> parts of the ISO9660 standard boldly ignored by the official driver in the
> kernel.

Why don't you send in a patch to the English version then?  Or a draft of a
better text so we can discuss it here...

Diego