[MPlayer-dev-eng] changing fps in video filter

Michael Leuchtenburg michael at slashhome.org
Sun Feb 9 06:26:45 CET 2003

Hi!

I've been wanting a real deinterlace filter for mplayer for a while now,
and I currently have motivation and time to write one. The problem I'm
having currently is that, well, if I'm going from 29.97 frames per
second to 23.976 frames per second, then the filter will need to output
fewer frames than it takes in. Is this possible to do through the
current video filter framework?

It is also possible for a source to have both telecine'd film and actual
video source, which shouldn't be treated in the same way, and thus would
also require changing framerate in the middle. Is this possible to do in
mplayer, for output? What about for encoding to DivX in AVI?

-- michael