[MPlayer-dev-eng] MAINTAINER(S) of the 'main' (development) tree?

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 10 03:58:00 CET 2003

Hi,

> Arpi writes:
>  > Alex mentioned that he _may_ take the job, but he's usually busy/lazy/away
>  > so you probably need some co-maintainers too. Maybe some voting or
>  > invitation system could be used to select them :)
>
> I think we should split the job up a bit, maybe it will look less
> daunting then and more volunteers will step up.  Different people can
> look after different parts/files/directories of MPlayer and some might
> have a say on general and/or architecture issues.

I think this is a good idea.

> I volunteer for documentation or rather for continuing being the
> documentation maintainer.

I volunteer for audio filters, audio output and mixer.c.

> Diego

If no one steps up as project leader we could solve the project
management as:

1. Different people have the responsibility/authority over different
   areas of the project.

2. The people in 1. makes up a core group which would have the power
   over architectural decisions and patch inclusion/rejection.

3. Differences within the core group could be solved through voting.

4. Inclusion and replacement of people in the core group are solved
   through voting within the core group.

What do you think?

//Anders