[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVDNAV question

Dmitry Baryshkov lumag at qnc.ru
Fri Feb 14 15:54:13 CET 2003

Hello all!
IIRC There were some problems with adding support for DVDNAV.
I suppose, that adding new vf, like vf_menu could solve most of them:
1)Still images.
    Filter can save image in it's own buffer (yes, it'll slow down
process, but i'll work).
    (Maybe it'll need some tweaking with demuxer/etc. layers)
2)Cache.
    Need's to be disabled. Anyway dvdnav does (or can do) caching.
3)Mouse input.
    Think of Fake mouse from keyboard! I hate that optic rat on my desktop!
4)Runtime track selection.
    Must be done anyway (I hope).
5) Subpicture highlighting.
    Can be done with OSD (simply ouputting rectangle, or so), or within vf.

Comments are wellcome.
--
Dmitry