[MPlayer-dev-eng] real demuxer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Feb 16 19:49:11 CET 2003

Hi,

> I hope real demuxer fixes will not be forgetten and included in 0.90.

in 0_90? dunno. i still don't like your messy if()

> I looked at Pen3.rm and Noir.rm and dt6... .rm - they all have wrong
> dimensions recognized. The problem is that the dimensions embedded in the rm
> in the usual place doesn't match that of the actula dimensions of the encoded

yes, we know - what do you think why are they in real-bug/bad_WxH/  ? :)

> image (I attached a patch to the .rms to fix the dimension ;) ) .

ah i hoped you fixed the demuxer... :(

> Unfortunatelly I did not find how the real dimensions are stored - it is

neither I did

> there somewhere as realplayer can play them correctly.

yes
and realplayer passes the correct WxH to the codec (according to trace logs)
so it must be stored somewhere in the headers. or - afair Alex sugegsted -
there may be a table (in the player) of the standard resolutions, and they
store only the index. at least the h263 codec (a.k.a. RV10 :)) is such
thing, there is 3 bits in the header, value 0..6 are standard resolutions,
7 is user defined (7 is followed by W and H).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino