[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 20 17:31:00 CET 2003

Hi,

> > It is probably the upgrade of libmpdvdkit2.  I suspect that some old
> > portability fixes from mplayer's libdvdread, etc., never made it into
> > the official sources which were then synced back into mplayer.  I've
> > found that mpdvdkit2 is now behaving the same way on cygwin that it
> > did a long time ago before I debugged it and sent a patch.  I'm going
> > to go through the cvslog soon and find my old patches and find out how
> > much of them need to be reapplied.  And this time, I'm forwarding
> > copies to libdvdread folks as well.  I don't want this to happen each
> > and every time we upgrade mpdvdkit2.  Can you help out in a similar
> > way on hpux? Dig up the old patches that got it working with the last
> > version and see how much needs to be done to them?  If you don't want
> > to do all this, I will do it if I can have a shell account on an hpux
> > box with access to the dvd device.
> good idea, dunno why it has been synced without leaving the portability
> stuff there. probably it have been overlooked?

hmm. i've reviewed both libdvdcss upgrade patches carefully, and also
made patch between the previous release of original libvdcss and cvs, to
see all chanegs we made over it and verified if they are still there after
the upgrade and all were ok. but it's possible that some other changes in
libdvdcss did break it :(
mayeb it would work WITHOUT those portability fixes we made, because they
fixed it at different place?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino