[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Feb 20 19:12:46 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:31:00PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > good idea, dunno why it has been synced without leaving the portability
> > stuff there. probably it have been overlooked?
>
> hmm. i've reviewed both libdvdcss upgrade patches carefully, and also
> made patch between the previous release of original libvdcss and cvs, to
> see all chanegs we made over it and verified if they are still there after
> the upgrade and all were ok. but it's possible that some other changes in
> libdvdcss did break it :(
> mayeb it would work WITHOUT those portability fixes we made, because they
> fixed it at different place?

Well, I found an simple fix from back in mpdvdkit1.  I have to go use my
neighbor's dvd player to test it still, so I won't send that patch yet.
Once it's tested, I'll try to research why it works that way if I have
time, and then I can send it to libdvdread folks with an explanation of
why they need to change it in their sources.  Then in the future, this
won't be a problem when upgrading.

Thanks,
--Joey