[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play DVD on hpux

Gansser, Martin MGansser at rand.de
Mon Feb 24 15:22:28 CET 2003

Hi,

normaly I can play a MPEG1/2 file direct from the hardisk like this:

# /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer -vo sdl /tmp/titanic.mpeg
this works "

but playing direct from the dvd-drive fails:

# /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer -vo sdl -dvd 1

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /opt/gnome/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /opt/MPlayer/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc4-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

Reading config file /opt/MPlayer/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: Keine Datei und kein Verzeichnis
Reading config file //.mplayer/config
Reading //.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '//.mplayer/codecs.conf': Keine Datei und kein Verzeichnis
Reading /opt/MPlayer/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 135 video codecs
font: can't open file: //.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /opt/MPlayer/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file //.mplayer/input.conf : Keine Datei und kein Verzeichnis
Can't open input config file /opt/MPlayer/etc/mplayer/input.conf : Keine Datei und kein Verzeichnis
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing DVD title 1
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
There are 2 titles on this DVD.
There are 2 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
DVD successfully opened.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 10 in module: demux_open
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
  version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
  and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide
  this information when reporting a possible bug.

# (gdb) r /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer -vo sdl -dvd 1
Starting program: /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer -vo sdl -dvd 1
[...]

Playing /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer
MPEG-PS file format detected.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header.
Video: Cannot read properties.
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
MP3lib: init layer2&3 finished, tables done
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [libmad] libmad mpeg audio decoder
Cannot sync MAD frame
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
*** Try to upgrade //.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x50.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Playing DVD title 1
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
There are 2 titles on this DVD.
There are 2 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
DVD successfully opened.

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0xef540 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x402b1a48, data=0x402b22d0 "") at open.c:769
769			for(i=0;i<9;i++)	// check if all values zero:
(gdb) bt
#0  0xef540 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x402b1a48, data=0x402b22d0 "") at open.c:769
#1  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x402b1a48, data=0x402b22d0 "") at open.c:751
#2  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x402b2290, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#3  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x1, data=0x400ee358 "") at open.c:751
#4  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0xffffffff, data=0x402b2c10 "") at open.c:751
#5  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x1, data=0x40100af0 "") at open.c:751
#6  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x402b1a48, data=0x20 <Error reading address 0x20: Falsche Adresse>) at open.c:751
#7  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x1 <Error reading address 0x1: Ungültiges Argument>) at open.c:751
#8  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#9  0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0xffffffff, data=0xffffffff <Error reading address 0xffffffff: Falsche Adresse>) at open.c:751
#10 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#11 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#12 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#13 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#14 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#15 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#16 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#17 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#18 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#19 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#20 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#21 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#22 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#23 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#24 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#25 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#26 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#27 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#28 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#29 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#30 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#31 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#32 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#33 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#34 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#35 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#36 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#37 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#38 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#39 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#40 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#41 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#42 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#43 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#44 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#45 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#46 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#47 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#48 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#49 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#50 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#51 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#52 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#53 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#54 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x0, data=0x0) at open.c:751
#55 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x7f7f05f9, data=0x7f7f05f3 "PWD=/") at open.c:751
#56 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x444f5749, data=0x57494e <Error reading address 0x57494e: Falsche Adresse>) at open.c:751
#57 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x523d6c6f, data=0x4e414745 <Error reading address 0x4e414745: Falsche Adresse>) at open.c:751
#58 0xef518 in dvd_read_sector (d=0x35393100, data=0x736f3838 <Error reading address 0x736f3838: Falsche Adresse>) at open.c:751
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---Quit
(gdb) l
764			    typeof(d->dsi_pack.sml_agli.data[i].address) tmp_addr;
765			    memcpy(&tmp_addr,&d->dsi_pack.sml_agli.data[i].address,sizeof(tmp_addr));
766			    if((skip=tmp_addr)!=0) break;
767			}
768	#else
769			for(i=0;i<9;i++)	// check if all values zero:
770			    if((skip=d->dsi_pack.sml_agli.data[i].address)!=0) break;
771	#endif
772			if(skip){
773			    // sml_agli table has valid data (at least one non-zero):

and so on

avaiable Video Drivers (on hpux there is no XVideo Driver available):

# /opt/MPlayer/bin/mplayer -vo help

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /opt/gnome/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /opt/MPlayer/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc4-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

Reading config file /opt/MPlayer/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: Keine Datei und kein Verzeichnis
Reading config file //.mplayer/config
Available video output drivers:
	x11	X11 ( XImage/Shm )
	gl	X11 (OpenGL)
	gl2	X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
	sdl	SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
	png	PNG file
	jpeg	JPEG file
	gif89a	animated GIF output
	null	Null video output
	pgm	PGM file
	md5	MD5 sum
	mpegpes	Mpeg-PES file
	yuv4mpeg	yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools (to "stream.yuv")

Buldscript:
===========
gmake distclean
rm config.mak configure.log
./configure --prefix=/opt/MPlayer \
            --enable-gl \
            --enable-freetype \
            --with-extralibdir="/usr/lib -lrt -L/opt/gnome/lib -lpng" \
            --with-extraincdir="/opt/gnome/include" \
            --enable-gui \
            --with-sdl-config=/usr/local/bin/sdl-config \
            --with-gtk-config=/opt/gnome/bin/gtk-config \
            --with-glib-config=/opt/gnome/bin/glib-config \
            --enable-debug=3
gmake
gmake install

libdvdread is installed n the system location /usr/local
if libdvdread isn't installed, then the following messages appears:

"mplayer was compiled w/o libdvdread support !"

any help ?