[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-mwn] MPlayer on c't special CD

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Feb 27 20:23:40 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 07:31:02PM +0100, Christof Buergi wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2003 11.35 schrieb Arpi:
> > ask them if they want to include source or binaries... source is ok,
> > binaries dunno
>
> Knowing them, they want to distribute binaries. Judging from the past,
> they know what they do. Still, MPlayer is kind of tricky...

With runtime cpu detection enabled and the selection of libraries okay'd
by the dev team, would there be anything wrong with distributing
binaries?  And that reminds me, does MPlayer have the ability to select
dyanmic libraries at runtime?  I seem to remember something about that
being discussed a while back, but I've never tried it or looked into it.

--Joey