[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: xvidix colourmap problem vidix on sourceforge

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 8 18:57:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

> So the situation is:
> 1) fixes in branch not present in mplayer

actually: API changes, busmastering/DMA support (for some cards), maybe some
new drivers (permedia3?) in branch (call it vidix.sf.net)

> 2) fixes in mplayer not present in branch

bugfixes, some new drivers (trident?) in mplayer's vidix/

> Now this is more difficult than I thought. I firstly thought I could do
> away with mplayer version.
>
> So the way is start just before the branch, and see the cvs changes in

actually the bugfixes in mplayer cvs should be ported (when they were not
ported from branch->mplayer), then mplayer changed to use new API.

> I am not able to do that, I don't know enough about my cards internals.
>
> Who was the original writer of vidix?

Nick Kurshev, he is teh current maintainer of that thing you call branch.
(actually mplayer's version is the branch, Nick's one is the official vidix)

And there are probably fixes amde by xine and avifile authors, in their cvs...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team