[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90.1 ???

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue May 20 18:25:13 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2003 17:54 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> I guess we should release some bugfix release of 0.90 soon...
> And i think that it would be nice to backport the new modules from
> main to 0_90, like the various new demuxers and codecs.
> Also backport some fixes and maybe even the cygwin/mingw32/macosx
> patches too.

I think it would be better to release a new 0_90 with the current status-quo
asap, as there are already many bugfixes in there.

Maybe let it just have a patchlevel version: 0.90-1 or 0.90a or 0.901 or (just
joking: ) 0.9031415926535897932...

Then head for the backports that remain and release that one some weeks later
as 0.91pre and then after thouroughly testing it 0.91.

And let the users know of the plan, so that development is kind of transparent
to them. (I just again heard that MPlayer's development was stopped)

Perhaps at the moment a nice weekly/monthly status-report would make sense ?
(I think there is much development atm)

I think there are also some patches floating around, that were not applied nor
rejected yet. I'll try to look into it, but I don't have soo much time atm.
(Seems to be the most common problem)

> It also raises some problems: 0_90 currently contains a quite old
> libavcodec, actually lavc was forked at time of the 0_90 fork.
> So we should either port new lavc features (like svq3, asv1 etc decoders)
> or upgrade lavc in 0_90 to CVS version (but there are API differences, so
> it means some level of upgrading ad/vd_ffmpeg, ve_lavc, vf_lavc,
> vf_lavcdeint, vf_pp (remember: postproc was moved to lavc) and so on)
>
> Also swscaler improved a lot since the 0_90 fork, if it has no serious
> problems/bugs we could upgrade swscaler too in 0_90.
>
> Maybe it could be 0.91pre, and after few weeks of testing pre2 or 0.91final

I also vote for that solution.

cu

Fabian