[MPlayer-dev-eng] Altivec+GCC fix

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Wed May 21 14:32:17 CEST 2003

Hi again,

here's a new patch that makes it possible to use
altivec-accelerated playback under Linux.

* configure
  Check for altivec.h and set HAVE_ALTIVEC_H
  This is required for the new libmpeg2 files and for
  the updated ffmpeg code
  make sure ARCH_POWERPC gets set
  (I choosed this instead of mpeg2_internal)

* libmpcodecs/vd_libmpeg2.c
  Make sure that altivec gets enabled in libmpeg2

* libmpeg2/Makefile
  Make sure the correct flags are passed to CC
  Altivec files should only be compiled when altivec is enabled.

* libmpeg2/idct.c
  Only use Altivec if enabled with configure.

* libmpeg2/motion_comp.c
  Only use Altivec if enabled with configure.

* libmpeg2/idct_altivec.c
  Updated to version 1.19 from sourceforge
  This version includes the gcc bugfix
  The new file also ditches the old assembly version
  and it must be built with correct altivec-flags

* libmpeg2/motion_comp_altivec.c
  Updated to version 1.12 from sourceforge
  The old version crashed my gcc-3.2.2 (after allocating 1 Gig memory)
  because of unfriendly altivec code, the new file is better.
  The new file ditches the old assembly version
  and it must be built with correct altivec-flags

/ magnus