[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] libmpeg12/g1 memcorruption broken mpeg1 files

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 25 19:10:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

just wanted to say that current main cvs libmpeg12 causes mem corruption on
broken mpeg1 streams, where start_code for slice decoding gets corrupted.
ffmpeg12 codec catches this nicely by this code in mpeg12.c:mpeg_decode_slice:
---
  start_code = (start_code - 1) & 0xff;
    if (start_code >= s->mb_height){
        fprintf(stderr, "slice below image (%d >= %d)\n", start_code,
s->mb_height);
        return DECODE_SLICE_MB_ADDR_ERROR;
    }
---

Apparently code handling this case in libmpeg12 is missing which causes
mplayer to freeze and corrupt X memory which keeps me from being able to
debug this. (I can only switch to console and killall -KILL mplayer-dev)

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos