[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Mplayer 1.0 pre5 ppc/altivec issues

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 16 04:27:52 CEST 2004

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>I almost finished a "kludge patch" it should at least let you build
>>everything, I could bet that that code will break something somewhere,
>>please audit the patch.
>
> including altivec.h at random places like vo_x11.c is IMHO unacceptable, not
> to mention the #undef vector stuff which is needed then too
The patch works and is just a quick solution, seems that I would have to
change lots of vo_x11.c to make something cleaner.
> u replace several constants with vec_splat*(constant), is this generating
> slower code?
I can just avoid them. That was the quicker way to address the issue

> btw, another question as u seem to be fairly interrested in this code, are u
> interrested in fixing it so beside compiling it actually outputs correct
> data?
It looks to output the correct data (tested just a bit, please test it
more),
> and yes, theres plenty of "stray" code in there, dont fear to remove it

I'll try later then.

lu

--
Luca Barbato