[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Mplayer 1.0 pre5 ppc/altivec issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jul 16 03:01:34 CEST 2004

Hi

On Thursday 15 July 2004 22:31, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Magnus Damm wrote:
> >>
> >>does reversal of the attached patches fix the issue? they should have
> >> never been applied anyway, but alex and diego repeatedly asked me to
> >> apply them so i did
> >
> > Well, yes, the attached patches solves the problem. Thank you. But it
> > all depends on what you want to do. I mean, yes, it successfully
> > disables the altivec code. But maybe it is a good thing to have altivec
> > acceleration? I rather see FSF-gcc support in the code. We can at least
> > find a solution where it is enabled for Darwin and disabled otherwise.
> >
> > I added the file "libavcodec/ppc/gcc_fixes.h" to solve things like this.
> > But it is probably not a good idea to include that one from code under
> > "postproc/"...
> >
> > lu, are you working on FSF-gcc support in "yuv2rgb_altivec.c"?
> >
> > / magnus
>
> I almost finished a "kludge patch" it should at least let you build
> everything, I could bet that that code will break something somewhere,
> please audit the patch.
including altivec.h at random places like vo_x11.c is IMHO unacceptable, not
to mention the #undef vector stuff which is needed then too
u replace several constants with vec_splat*(constant), is this generating
slower code?

btw, another question as u seem to be fairly interrested in this code, are u
interrested in fixing it so beside compiling it actually outputs correct
data?
and yes, theres plenty of "stray" code in there, dont fear to remove it

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)