[MPlayer-dev-eng] The best (YUV-enabled) vo_quartz settings :-)

attila attila at pai.kinali.ch
Mon Jul 19 10:57:31 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:02:45PM +0200, Camillo Lugaresi wrote:
> At 2:11 -0400 3-05-2004, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> >>	Well, that lie worked before so I thought I'd try it again ;)

> >>	Ah ha!  That works much better.   Hmmm, that still feels like a bug
> >>	to me.   Aren't the dimensions of the screen the -monitoraspect by
> >>	definition?   Where is vo_quarts getting 4/3 from?
> >
> >-monitoraspect specifies the PHYSICAL dimensions of the screen, not
> >the number of pixels. The default for monitoraspect is always 4/3
> >because it can't be reliably obtained from most vo's.
>
> OS X should be able to report all necessary information about the
> monitor(s) (pixel ratio, resolution etc.). I think vo_quartz should
> get the information from the OS and ignore the mplayer defaults.

NO!
Dont ignore it, correct would be to overwrite the defaults,
if and only if the user didnt specify any other values.

IIRC X11 can report these things too, but i dont remember
how it was done, neither do i actualy really care about it
(there is more important stuff to be fixed there anyways)

			Attila Kinali