[MPlayer-dev-eng] The best (YUV-enabled) vo_quartz settings :-)

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Wed Jul 21 17:06:15 CEST 2004

attila said:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:02:45PM +0200, Camillo Lugaresi wrote:

tries to compensate for the non-square pixels...

me.   Aren't the dimensions of the screen the -monitoraspect by
definition?   Where is vo_quarts getting 4/3 from?

>> >-monitoraspect specifies the PHYSICAL dimensions of the screen, not the
number of pixels. The default for monitoraspect is always 4/3 because it
can't be reliably obtained from most vo's.
>> OS X should be able to report all necessary information about the
monitor(s) (pixel ratio, resolution etc.). I think vo_quartz should get the
information from the OS and ignore the mplayer defaults.

> NO!
> Dont ignore it, correct would be to overwrite the defaults,
> if and only if the user didnt specify any other values.
>
> IIRC X11 can report these things too, but i dont remember
> how it was done, neither do i actualy really care about it
> (there is more important stuff to be fixed there anyways)
>

> 			Attila Kinali

int XDisplayHeightMM(display, screen_number)
      Display *display;
      int screen_number;
int XDisplayWidthMM(display, screen_number)
      Display *display;
      int screen_number;

I found them on
http://www.the-labs.com/X11/XLib-Manual/display/image-format-macros.html#DisplayWidthMM

I think it is good idea to use them. After all X may know better, and
-monitor-aspect to be used as override.

Wish You Best
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive