[MPlayer-dev-eng] [REQUEST] DivX Pro 5.2 DLL (divxdec.ax) in MPlayer?

ANDREAS SETTERLIND setterlind at usa.net
Fri Jul 23 11:20:46 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>> Anyway, wondering if you can/should now update your compatibility list for
>> supported video and audio codecs on your website and documentation for
this,
>> currently they state that 'only' DivX 5.02 is supported, guess that should
be
>> corrected to say DivX 5.2 (or at the very least DivX 5.0.5?)?, and maybe
"Pro"
>> should be mentioned to so newbies won't get confused ;-)
>
> I changed it to say "DivX 5 (Pro)".  I hope this clears up all
confusion.

Great, however you missed the "MPLAYER INFORMATION" webpage =D
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/info.html
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design3/info.html
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design4/info.html
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design5/info.html
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/info.html
"most important video codecs" section still reads "DivX 5.02"
 (+ guess the Spanish and Hungarian pages needs the update too)
And Supported codecs in the documentation still reads "DivX 5.01":
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html#video-codecs
PS! Maybe best to state "DivX 5.x (Pro)" instead to be clear ;-)

Best regards / Andreas (MPlayer-FanBoy)