[MPlayer-dev-eng] Failed to open frameno.avi: text revision suggested

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Thu Jul 29 21:50:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am using this command:

mencoder dvd://2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1600:pass=1 -vf
scale=704:400,dsize=1.76 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr br=128 -ss 15 -o
output1600.avi; mencoder dvd://2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=1600:pass=2 -vf scale=704:400,dsize=1.76 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr br=128 -ss 15 -o output1600.avi

I get this message from mencoder when doing a mencode:

> File not found: 'frameno.avi'
> Failed to open frameno.avi

However, I understand this is not a actually problem, so could this
message be clarified to:

File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi, this is not a problem if you are not doing a
three pass encode.
========

I could not find in the mplayer source the code which displays this.
Perhaps someone can direct me to it so I can submit a patch? Would a
patch to make this revision be supported for inclusion?

Kind regards

JG