[MPlayer-dev-eng] Failed to open frameno.avi: text revision suggested

Thu Jul 29 22:23:31 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, J. Grant wrote:

JG>However, I understand this is not a actually problem, so could this
JG>message be clarified to:
JG>
JG>==================
JG>File not found: 'frameno.avi'
JG>Failed to open frameno.avi, this is not a problem if you are not doing a
JG>three pass encode.
JG>========
JG>
JG>I could not find in the mplayer source the code which displays this.
JG>Perhaps someone can direct me to it so I can submit a patch? Would a
JG>patch to make this revision be supported for inclusion?

mencoder.c, line 437. The 'File not found' and 'Failed to open' are
glibc error messages, generated by perror (3) call. You can't change them,
but can print some description after those messages.

Probably actual message is printed by strerror (3) call somewhere in
libmpdemux. Find exact line and add mp_msg(MY_COOL_MESSAGE) after it.

--

Vladimir