[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem with .rmvb file

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sun Oct 3 22:45:22 CEST 2004

On 2004.10.03 14:54, Jaroslaw Swierczynski wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 01:24:59 +0200
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > > As for me MPlayer is able to display correctly all .rmvb files
> > > except this one. However, it's worse with audio playback.
> >
> > Could you provide a few more samples, please?
>
> Here is a .rvmb file with broken audio playback:
>
> http://swiergot.intersec.pl/brokenaudio.rmvb

Sipro audio.
That's not the first time i heard about problems with this codec, but
in your sample the sound is garbled from the beginning, and that can be
helpful in debugging the problem.

Will have a look at this too, but it won't be an easy job.

Regarding the other file, i think there are also problems in other
videos where frame size changes during playback.

If somebody is interested, please have a look at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~rtognimp/size_change_mpeg/ and check how those
files behave for you (i think any cat'd mpeg files with different size
will do).

The attached patch (experimental!) detects the size change in the Real
file, and should also reinit mplayer to handle it. But it doesn't work.
And it also discard a frame at size change (and sig11 if frame changes
to a bigger size), but those are minor problems :)
If you replace the #if 1 in decode() with #if 0, you get solid filled
image instead of video dat, to show that the problem is not codec
related.

So i still have to figure out if i'm doing something wrong or if the
working case is just a lucky one.

Ciao,
 Roberto