[MPlayer-dev-eng] VCD and SVCD total playing time

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Fri Oct 15 22:48:01 CEST 2004

Ok, I correct myself. MPlayer report the duration of the video tracks as
if they were audio tracks, or total track time. Using CDROMREADTOCENTRY
ioctl.

For VCD the duration is almost the same as the VCDs I own all have
28kbyte/s audio and 144 kbyte/s video, so they have 172 kbyte/s stream.
As cd-audio has 172 kbyte/sec rate, the duration is the same.

But for SVCD bitrate is higher, mine has 296 kbyte/s stream, so the
durations of the tracks are very different.

What I'm trying to do is find a way to Mplayer to report the total
playing time, and track playing time for VCD and SVCD. Anyone knows if
some of the files of the SVCD structure has this information?

--
"El verdadero valor esta en hacer sin testigos, lo que podría hacerse delante de todo el mundo"