[MPlayer-dev-eng] Odd lockup at end of file when playing a realmedia rtsp stream using liba52 codec

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Oct 16 17:26:30 CEST 2004

On 2004.10.16 09:48, adland123 wrote:
> I was playing a short length streaming realmedia audio sample on rtsp
> URL
> mplayer -cache 50 rtsp://real.cbsig.net/g2demand/entertainmment/
> mini/lateshow/records/goofy.rm
>
> there was a lockup at the end where I had to end mplayer with CTRL-C

Hi adland.
The url is 404 for me, so i can't test it now.
But i remember some problems with realrtsp not detecting EOF properly,
an so hanging forever waiting for more data.
Were you able to reproduce the problem with -nosound?
I think the problem is not a52 related (at least not all fault is on
a52), that loop has a way to exit if demuxer_getc detects EOF properly.

Does hanybody have an url for a short (something like one minute or
less) streaming real file to perform some test?

Ciao,
 Roberto