[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Odd lockup at end of file when playing a realmedia rtsp stream using liba52 codec

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 23:26:24 CEST 2004

> Hi adland.
> The url is 404 for me, so i can't test it now.

plenty more recorded samples on the same server.
but possibly the server refuses your request

> But i remember some problems with realrtsp not detecting EOF properly,
> an so hanging forever waiting for more data.
> Were you able to reproduce the problem with -nosound?

All samples tested were around 20 seconds in length and pure audio.
a nosound test would not help in this instance.

> I think the problem is not a52 related (at least not all fault is on
> a52), that loop has a way to exit if demuxer_getc detects EOF properly.

Later I tried another sample on same server which used different codec
It also had same lockup EOF issue.

By the way xine was able to handle these somehow.

> Does hanybody have an url for a short (something like one minute or
> less) streaming real file to perform some test?

more examples

rtsp://real.cbsig.net/g2demand/entertainment/mini/lateshow/
records/bonanza.rm

rtsp://real.cbsig.net/g2demand/entertainment/mini/lateshow/records/dogs.rm