[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] YUV4MPEG2 mencoder output format
roine at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 9 12:23:35 CET 2005
On Sunday, Jan 9, 2005, at 10:33 Europe/Stockholm, Reimar Döffinger
> Please fix/help us fix mplayer instead of duplicating code!
> E.g. provide a proper bugreport of why you can't use -vo yuv4mpeg
The current -vo yuv4mpeg is part of mplayer, not mencoder. I can't use
any feature of mencoder and output in y4m.
Here are some of my reasons for creating the mencoder muxer:
- Filters don't work correctly
- Only YV12 colorspace supported
- Automatic colorspace conversions break losslessness of y4m
- Doesn't write colorspace information
- Doesn't support pixel aspect ratios
- Subject to frame droppings as it is part of a player
- Only output to file, not to a pipe
- Annoyingly will open a dummy window if scripted, since it's part of a
Apparently the vo-code has other qualities, like outputting subtitled
frames. It serves a different purpouse.
It's doing what I want; I'm simply offering it to you so I won't have
to re-patch my mencoder everytime I update it.
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng