[MPlayer-dev-eng] Multicast video streams.

Amaury Jacquot sxpert at esitcom.org
Fri Jan 28 01:18:57 CET 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:20:27PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how to decode the .nsc files?
>

> Why? I think MPlayer can't play multicast anyway...
> Attached is a code snippet that can do the decoding, but you have to do
> the "parsing" part by hand (I just hacked it for testing so don't expect
> much comfort ;-) ).
> It is one of Microsoft's many special, hand-made base64 encodings.
> The encoded strings start with <attribute>=02, you must remove that part. The decoded string will consist of 8 bytes length (at least it seems that's what it is) and then the string in unicode.

hmmm, sorry to contradict, I tested and it worked (nasa tv @ UO works,
at least for the video. there seems to be no way to get the audio
playing at the same time (for lack of a way to specify both the audio
udp multicast address/port and the video one at the same time).

there is a problem in the rtp module though, in that it should buffer up
to 8/16 packets and attempt to reorder them as they come. I'm getting an
aweful lot of "unexpected packet sequence number", which results in
dropped packets, and crappy mpeg artifacts on the video.