[MPlayer-dev-eng] Multicast video streams.

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sat Jan 29 17:56:23 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:15:54 +0100, Reimar Döffinger
<uvhe at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:20:27PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to decode the .nsc files?
>
> Why? I think MPlayer can't play multicast anyway...

I wrote a patch a while ago to add a mcast:// URI handler and with some
other small changes multicast raw udp MPEG-2 TS was working well.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to look at it recently. I'm attaching
the patch in the state it is, as I won't have time for this soon and
using the attached patch it should be fairly easy for someone to get
this working.

Dermot.