[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Salvatore Falco sfalco at studenti.ing.uniroma1.it
Mon Oct 10 13:11:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 11:49:12AM +0200, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
> To correct things: this patch adds additional information output
> in case of a bad subtitle parameters i.e timing.
> It outputs line number and the first line of the bad subtittle.
> It's for user info to simplify subtitle corrections.
>
> Not all players can automatically correct this kind of subtitles
> (some of them ignore bad lines or just stop displaying subtitles)
> so it is usefull to inform user that something is not proper
> in the subtitle file even if MPlayer could autocorrect this
> internally. There is no connection with this patch and cr/lf output
> file formatting patch.

    I understand the aim of this function, and agree with it, but what I
am saying is that if you need to know what's going wrong, you can increase
the verbosity of mplayer by adding -v; if you are not interested in changing
your subtitle files, as most of users, I imagine, the two lines mplayer already
prints out are more than sufficient.

    In other words, this information should not be presented at MSG_INFO
verbosity level.

--
	Best regards, Salvatore Falco

office phone: +39 06 44585483/44585346