[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Mon Oct 10 13:57:01 CEST 2005

Dnia Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:11:39 +0200, Salvatore Falco
<sfalco at studenti.ing.uniroma1.it> napisał:
>     I understand the aim of this function, and agree with it, but what I
> am saying is that if you need to know what's going wrong, you can
> increase
> the verbosity of mplayer by adding -v; if you are not interested in
> changing
> your subtitle files, as most of users, I imagine, the two lines mplayer
> already
> prints out are more than sufficient.
>
>     In other words, this information should not be presented at MSG_INFO
> verbosity level.

Why? It doesn't block playing the file and I do not need to run MPlayer
twice:
the first while I spot that something is wrong and the second run I run it
with additional
debug reporting switched on to find in which lines of subtitle file.
Anyway -v options produces too much output in that case IMHO.
It's just my point of view but of course you can do what you want and
change the debug level from
MSG_INFO to other not so verbose. It's up to you.

Have a nice day
--
Adam Tlałka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl