Fwd: [MPlayer-dev-eng][NO-SPAM] Small changes to subreader.c file

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:18:19 CEST 2005

2005/10/11, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:10:50AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 17:33:48 -0400
> > Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> > > And reversed.
> >
> > WTF ARE YOU DOING?
> >
> > Ivan said that code blongs to him. _HE_ decided that the
> > patch should be accepted. And _HE_ is the only one that
> > has the _final_ decission over this matter.
>
> Is that so?  I don't see Ivan's name in DOCS/tech/MAINTAINERS...

But I have it in AUTHORS, as one of the the few things i've done that
worth mentioning.

Anyway I was trying to avoid entering into this useless flamewar, by
setting an end to it.

To summarize:
- srt is text format and should be in OS text format.
- srt writing program write is in win text format. (all windows and most unix).
- some hardware players / vendors  require it to be in win format.

Basically this flamewar is a reflection of much older war, these of
text files. As nobody had won it, we can keep fighting forever.
And to be the confusion complete I think that Mac still use the <cr>
only convention.

Anyway I had send mails to subrip author(s) with request for
specifications or comment.
I have no doubt of the answer as there is explicit <lf><cr> code in
the SubRip program (as shown above).

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
iive