[MPlayer-dev-eng] mphq2 - admins wanted

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sat Sep 3 19:54:46 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:35:29PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Heyo,
>
> I recieved yesterday a nice, big packet containing a lot
> of carton, a little bit of plastic and lots of electronics.
> Ie, I recieved our new server.
>
> Thus, it's now time to form an admin crew for it.
> I want to have at least 3, at most 5 people taking
> care of this machine. Any volunter has to be
> * trusted by either the MPlayer or ffmpeg project
>   developers
> * reliable
> * familiar with administrating linux servers
>   (meaning, you how it works, you do not need
>    deep insight knowledge about everything
>    and no previous admin experience is required
>    as long as you know what you are doing).
>
> If you think you meet these criteria, then please
> respond to this mail stating your qualifications.

I would like to volunteer.  I've been a linux admin for 5 years or so,
and I maintain linux servers at home. (Apache 1 & 2, DNS, DHCP, CVS,
maintainance scripting, etc.)

I would like to suggest that a private mailing list be started for admin
discussions.  So that, for example, one of us could start a discussion
about changes we'd like to make that all of us should be abreast of.

--Joey

--
"There are trivial truths and there are great truths.  The opposite of a
trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a great truth is also true."