[MPlayer-dev-eng] mphq2 - admins wanted

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sat Sep 3 20:49:44 CEST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 20:54, Joey Parrish wrote:

> I would like to suggest that a private mailing list be started for admin
> discussions.  So that, for example, one of us could start a discussion
> about changes we'd like to make that all of us should be abreast of.

I have administered various Linux systems ranging from IRC Servers
where you have more security problems than elsewhere, shell servers,
where you develop a hate for all living people, to more 'normal stuff like
administering custom httpds (because apache is just too damn slow,
they said), apaches, ftps and such.

I am however not volunteering ;-)

There is probably one thing in common with those scenarios above,
admins stepping on eachother's toes. If there are to be more than one
admin, then a mailing list is a must. Perhaps even more realtime stuff
too like. Often been in the situation where a team had all been working
on the same issue and nobody noticed until things started getting
wrong, because we were all way too busy doing that same time-critical
task to read email :-)