[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT cleanup

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun Sep 4 01:36:03 CEST 2005

Oded Shimon wrote:

> What about subtitles? There's no defined way in the spec to write them. I
> think they should basically be a stream header and a 2 letter language...
> Something like that. Perhaps encoding too?

the info header should tell you everything, the stream could be even
just text linked to the timestamp....

> What does 'metadata' mean?..
> stream_class
>         0       video
>         1       audio
>         2       subtiles
>         3       metadata

metadata: any sort of information that isn't video or audio or subtitle.
I guess subtitle could be merged with metadata.

> I'm almost done with my muxer implementation. Stuck on index because of
> this, still haven't implemented info packets, and it has one slight
> disadvantage, it reuiqres the caller to be quite smart (all timestamp
> handling is done by caller).

I can't think about alternatives.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero