[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Apr 11 17:37:17 CEST 2007

Matthias Hopf wrote:

>On Apr 09, 07 00:42:15 +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
>

>>Do you know any release blocker bugs in svn?
>>

>Well, let's see...
>
>- PAFF segfaults H.264 codec
>- multiplexing external audio into any stream with
>  -ovc copy -oac copy -audiofile xyz
>  doesn't work as intended at least for AC3 and DTS
>  (is this actually known? I remember reading something) (*)
>- mkv demuxing obviously does something wrong with PTS (*) (+)
>- native MPEG2 TS demuxer adds offset to PTS, lavf works on most (*)

no, it doesn't add any offset, but since lavf uses a frame parser
every packet has 1 complete frame with a correct pts

>And since yesterday:
>- MPEG2 TS: DTS in private stream not detected (+)

I didn't update the demuxer recently, either this lack is older
than today or ... sample needed

>- lavf TS demuxer fails for some streams (+)
>- lavf TS demuxer segfaults for some streams w/ DTS (+)
>- DTS decoder doesn't work correctly for mencoder at all (*) (+)

probably learn to use -tsprobe

>  At least for MPEG2 TS w/ DTS. Plays fine in mplayer, but transcoding
>  to mp3 fails with strange results.
>
>(*) only or mainly visible in mencoder
>(+) Yes, valid/better bug report and/or samples missing, there is oh so
>    little time :-( Hopefully tonight.
>

>Since most of these issues are known / existent for a long time now, I
>would agree that close to none of them are blocker bugs. Perhaps the PAFF
>segfault, because we *do* have an at least partially working workaround.
>
>Thanks
>
>Matthias

 Sponsor:
 Fai crescere i tuoi sogni. Scegli il prestito fino a 5.000 euro.
* Rate da 20 euro
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6331&d=11-4