[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Matthias Hopf mat at mshopf.de
Wed Apr 11 20:25:07 CEST 2007

On Apr 11, 07 17:37:17 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >- native MPEG2 TS demuxer adds offset to PTS, lavf works on most (*)
>
> no, it doesn't add any offset, but since lavf uses a frame parser
> every packet has 1 complete frame with a correct pts

I don't think that is all. An ac3 frame has a length of 32ms for 48k
audio, and I found (per-file constant) offsets of -200 to 200ms with the
native TS demuxer.

> >And since yesterday:
> >- MPEG2 TS: DTS in private stream not detected (+)
> I didn't update the demuxer recently, either this lack is older
> than today or ... sample needed

(+): I only noticed that yesterday, now I finally was able to reduce the
sample size to something like 10MB. I'll report the issues with this
sample, but it could well be that this is very ill-formed.

> >- lavf TS demuxer fails for some streams (+)
> >- lavf TS demuxer segfaults for some streams w/ DTS (+)
> >- DTS decoder doesn't work correctly for mencoder at all (*) (+)
>
> probably learn to use -tsprobe

I know -tsprobe and the according lavf option :^P
This is different. (+) bug report pending.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de