[MPlayer-DOCS] glossary or Table of Contents or Index for manual?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 20:29:32 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/25/05, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> some users say that they cannot find what they want in the manual. i think this
> is because there are too many words that decsribe the same thing.
>
> <ekkaia> the problem with the manual is that you have to know what your doing ;P
>
> i propose a glossary or index or table of contents at the end of the manual
> which says:
>
> fast forward or seek or jump or skip or advance or goto:
>    see -ss
>
> keep video window or stay or one window or continue:
>    see -fixed-vo
>
> flashing screen or green pink screen
>    see -colorkey
>
> because a user will only search for one or two words that he thinks
> would describe what he is looking for. this is inheritenly a problem
> with anyone who does searching. you get better results if you try different
> words.
>
> any thoughts?

I like the idea, although I think that the man page is already so huge
that I don't think it would be wise to add some more stuff to it
(plus, I don't quite have quite enough time to do it).

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/