[Mplayer-dvb] ac3 sound in vdr file not recognized by mplayer and mencoder ?Wed Jan 2 21:11:09 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 2 20:14:17 CET 2002

Hi,

> I've recorded some videos from pro7 with ac3 sound.
> If I play them with vdr, I get the ac3 sound (via play-ac3).
>
> But mplayer doesn't recognize the the ac3 sound.
> I tried several aids (0, 1, 128, 129) but it seems, that mplayer does
> only
> recognize the aid 0 which is the normal mpeg sound.
>
> I have uploaded the file to:
>
> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/dbloms_pro7.vdr

thank you, fixed in CVS. test with more files, if find other buggy files,
run 'mplayer -v ' on it and send me the line looks like:

Unknown 0x1BD substream: 0x0B

anyway, it's non-standard. it uses aid 0x0B, while the standard(?) aid mapping:
0..0x1f = mpeg audio
0x80 .. 0x9f = ac3
0xa0 .. 0xbf = lpcm

> The distribution is SuSE Linux 7.3, the sound driver comes from creative
> (emu10k1-20020102.tar.gz) and the kernel is 2.4.15.  I use the gcc
> 2.95.3 compiler.
>
> Has anybody tried to watch vdr files with ac3 sound ?
not yet, it seems.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu